How in the world is it June 1st already!? This month flew by. I love recap and goal posts because they hold me accountable and help me think through this past to see what all I accomplished (and what I didn’t;).
I think it’s safe to say that June is one of the favorite months of the year for most. The start of summer, longer hours of daylight, and warmer weather make it feel like we have more free time. I have been looking forward to this month all year and am happy to say hello to June. 🙂
Here are some of my May favorites:
I finally started to make progress on healing my mysterious elbow injury.
Successfully completed my goal of working out in the morning before work for 21 days in a row.
Celebrated my 24th birthday!
Developed a new obsession for Halo Top. 🙂
Got my training plan all set to start training for the New York City Marathon!
And started planning our summer camping trip to Michigan’s Upper Peninsula!
- Work out before work every single week day
- Hmmm, I was off to a great start here in April, but slacked a little in May. I’d say I worked out in the mornings about 85% of the days, but definitely skipped a few.
- Build a solid fitness base before training for the New York City Marathon begins
- So far, so good! I’ve gotten a lot of strength training in and will be ramping up my running soon!
- Focus on eating protein for breakfast as opposed to sugar
- Yes! I think I accomplished this one the most. I’ve made an effort to really change up my breakfasts and along with getting up earlier, I think this has made a big impact on my day.
- Eat only one dessert a day
- Mmmm, not doing so hot on this one. Some days are better than others (like those days where it’s a students birthday and they bring you a cupcake at lunch;)
- Finish booking ALL of our wedding vendors
- Complete, and it feels great!
- So far, so good!
- Oops, I read about 1.5 books this month. I’m halfway through my second but still haven’t finished. I read “The Perfect Stranger” and LOVED it!
Here are my goals for June:
- Begin training for the NEW YORK CITY MARATHON 🙂
- Read at least two books (we’ll try this one again;)
- Continue strength training at least 3 times a week
- Explore at least 3 different trails for running or hiking
- Visit Lake Michigan at least once before the end of the month
- Organize all of our wedding things so they are easily accessible and ready to go when we need them
- Order the last of the items needed for our wedding
- Lap swim at least once
- Continue to experiment with different dinner recipes
- Finally get a professional opinion on my elbow problems!
I hope you are as excited as I am to see the start of JUNE! A new month always feels like such a fresh new change. Have a great Thursday 🙂