This 25k Training Plan is perfect for any ability level! The first four weeks are dedicated to building a running base, so this plan can be completed even with no prior distance running experience.
25k Training Plan Includes:
- 14 weeks of scheduled training (runs + workouts)
- 3 runs per week, 1 strength training day, 1 cross training day, 1 yoga/optional rest day
- 1 run each week is a structured speed workout (either a tempo run or interval run)
- First 4 weeks dedicated to building a running base
- Recovery training weeks every few weeks to avoid injury
- 1-2 rest days per week (1 complete rest day + 1 optional yoga or rest day)
- A weekly strength training workout (all are 30 minute, at home workouts)
- Structured tempo workouts and interval runs
How far is a 25k run?
This training plan gradually builds distance to prepare for the 15.5 mile distance on race day. 25 kilometers is almost two miles further than a half marathon, meaning that it requires strong running endurance to complete.
With three runs a week, this training plan provides a gradual buildup of mileage to prepare your body for the 15.5 mile distance, without running so much that you burnout. This mileage allows your legs time to recover and ensure that you make it to the starting line injury free. In addition, you can feel confident that you’ll have time to complete your training while still maintaining home and work life.
Use this 25k training plan to finish confidently and with ease! This plan is perfect for runners hoping to push past the half marathon distance for the first time. The first week’s long run begins with just 4 miles and gradually builds to peak at 14 miles. This training plan ensures you will be well trained and confident heading into your 25k, with enough energy to make race day your best run yet.
How to Download the 25k Training Plan
Once purchased, you’ll receive a link to download the 25k training plan PDF.
You’ll receive the full 14 week training plan in a single download. Enjoy a weekly strength workout, cross training day, optional yoga day and a full rest day along with scheduled runs each week. Conquering your bucket list goal might just be easier than you expected!