This Intermediate Marathon Training Plan is the perfect next step for those who have been running for a while! This 16 week training plan includes an extra 4 weeks of training for those who want to increase their mileage before beginning the 16 week plan. This marathon training plan incorporates one day per week of focused speed work (tempo runs and interval runs) to take this marathon to the next level.
What you’ll get when you purchase the Intermediate Marathon Training Plan:
- 16 weeks of scheduled training (runs + workouts) + optional 4 base building weeks
- 4 runs per week, 1 strength training day, 1 cross training day
- 1 structured tempo run per week
- Recovery training weeks every 4 weeks
- 1-2 rest days per week (1 complete rest day + 1 optional cross training or rest day)
- A strength training workout each week (all are 30 minute, at home workouts)
- A page of cross training options (free workout videos, bodyweight workouts, online workouts)
This training plan will take your marathon experience to the next level. With the ideal balance between recovery, cross training and mileage build up, this marathon training plan will ensure you get to the starting line injury free. With long runs beginning at 6 miles and peaking at 20 miles, this plan will ensure you arrive at the starting line confident and prepared.